All costs associated with the day (Pool hire, prizes, food and drinks) have been donated by Little Big Swim, Arana Hills Physio and Jamie Beard Constructions. 100% of donations and purchases on the day will go towards our Swim Safe Cambodia Charity.
Race Groups Order- please note Junior and Seniors are 30 minutes earlier than registration stated.
1.30pm - Kindy Aged across the pool – all strokes
School Aged across the pool – all strokes
2.30pm Stroke Development 25m – all strokes
3pm Junior Squad 25m – all strokes
4pm Senior and Adult Squads 25 and 50m – all strokes
Location: The Big Poool, Glen Retreat Road, Mitchelton
As always each competitor is rewarded for having a go and we encourage swimmers to compete in anything they want. We aren’t running FINA rules so if it doesn’t quite look like the stroke they’re swimming in yet, that’s OK. The swimming carnival is a give it a go day. I’d rather see a dozen kids attempting butterfly than the two than have finished putting it together and made it look graceful. This is also more entertaining for parents to watch!
Swimmers in a race – everyone receives a wristband of orange or yellow for participation in every event they race
Win a race – Blue bands are winning bands
Age Group Winners - win an extra prize – Most Blue Bands in
- Kindy Aged
- School Aged Stroke Development
- Junior Squad
- Seniors receive an extra prize.
Coaches Choice -Team Spirit Prizes: While you may be following that black line on your own swimming really is a team sport. What I love about our school is how often long lasting friendships (between swimmers and also parents) have begun poolside. This is what swimming is all about.
Team Spirit prizes will go to a swimmer who is cheering the loudest, helping out teammates and coaches and being brave and giving it a go.
Three prize categories
- Across the pool event
- 25m Stroke Development
- 25m and 50m squaddies events (Junior and Senior).
- Bring two towels. One to dry off with and one to snuggle into afterwards
- If it’s cool bring the children’s dressing gowns for them to put on after they’ve dried off.
- You’ll see a few Wearable Swim Towels (above) and Swim Parkas being worn by some swimmers. The wearable towels will be on sale on the day for $45 (we only have XS, M and L left available). We can purchase Swim Parkas on your behalf for a discounted rate. Text Tanya if you’re keen. They’re about $90 for kids (Swim Parka) and $120 for adults (VICI).
Volunteers: We will appreciate some help on the day with the following:
- Taking photos
- Six timekeepers for 25m and 50m events
- Helpers selling the soft drinks and lollies
- Sausage sizzle helpers
- Clean up afterwards
If you’re keen to help let Tanya, Kristy or Michelle know when you arrive and we’ll give you a job to keep you off the streets and out of trouble.